STEPPIN OUT take your privacy seriously. The data we store about our customers is done solely for the purpose of providing the best shopping experience. It is done in full compliance with regulations. We do not share personal data with any third party organisations except where that data is necessary for the provision of a service used in the day to day activities of STEPPIN OUT (eg the processing of online payments). We never allow personal data to be used by a third party for the purposes of direct marketing to our customers.
- The personal data we store may includes names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Customer passwords are stored in an encrypted format using a one-way encryption algorithm. STEPPIN OUT have no means of viewing a customer's password.
- Copies of customer communications made via post, email, social media, SMS or other forms of electronic communication may also be stored.
- In addition STEPPIN OUT may also log geolocation data, IP addresses and information about any devices/software used to access the STEPPIN OUT website as well as site usage statistics.
How We Use Your Data
- To provide our online shopping service
- To personalise the customer shopping experience
- For customer support
- For direct marketing purposes (where consent has been received. See below)
- For statistical analysis
- STEPPIN OUT send out via email a regular electronic newsletter. This is usually sent using CONSTANT CONTACT, a third party company which provides online mailing list management services. The newsletter is provided on an opt-in basis to customers who have provided specific consent for their email address to be used for this purpose. Consent can be withdrawn at any time using the facility on the STEPPIN OUT website, via the link provided within each newsletter or by contacting STEPPIN OUT directly.
- STEPPIN OUT may also occasionally send out marketing material via the post. If you do not wish to receive such material please contact STEPPIN OUT directly.
- Beyond that stated above, STEPPIN OUT do not disclose or sell customer personal data to any other commercial entity to use for the purposes of marketing.
Third Party Companies IMP
In order to carry out our business it is necessary for STEPPIN OUT to share some personal data with third party companies and contractors. This will include those providing courier services, payment processing companies and IT contractors.
- You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- You have the right to have inaccurate personal data corrected
- You have the right to stop or limit the processing of your data by STEPPIN OUT
- You have the right to be forgotten and have all of your personal data removed/anonymised
To exercise any of the above rights please contact STEPPIN OUT
Your visit to the STEPPIN OUT website may be tracked by third party companies (eg Facebook, Google) in order to gather statistics and tailor advertising to your interests. No personal data is provided by STEPPIN OUT to these companies, although if you have an existing relationship with them they may be able to link the gathered data to you as an individual. For details of how these companies use your personal data please read their respective privacy policies.
- STEPPIN OUT store customer data electronically in a computer database accessible solely by STEPPIN OUT
- STEPPIN OUT will always retain your personal data in accordance with the current law and regulations and will never retain personal data for longer than is necessary.
- STEPPIN OUT routinely anonymises the data of dormant accounts