What is a V shape?
The top half of your body is larger than the bottom. You have broad shoulders, a large bust and narrow hips.
- To create balanced proportions, add volume to your bottom half with wide leg trousers, culottes and A-line skirts.
- Wrap, empire cut and flared dresses look great on you
- Halternecks will cleverly balance out your wide shoulders
- Look for tops with knot details, tie belts and elasticated middles that will accentuate your waist.
- V-necklines are brilliant for V shapes as they elongate your neck and draw attention away from your shoulders to create balance
- Horizontal stripes worn on your bottom half will help offset the proportions of your top
- Soft, flowing fabrics like chiffon, satin and silk will soften your shoulder line